T-Logic - Petrichor T-Logic - Petrichor

Sounds nice and calming, seems like sort of a background track to me. The guitar or whatever that instrument was that came in at 0:43 sounds sort of unfinished like it's being played on a keyboard. I would've liked to hear some more variation in the dynamics and maybe some delay or something. I like it!

TaintedLogic responds:

Thanks! I totally agree with your criticisms. The guitar is a preset from DirectWave. I probably should've modified it more. Thanks again for the review! ^^

Lyra Lyra

40 hours well spent. I like how rich this sounds. The distorted snare during the main drops could be a bit quieter and less overpowering though

PianoreGD responds:

I agree lol. The snare is just bad

Out There Out There

Reminds me of being above the clouds in an airplane, love it

Don't Give Up Don't Give Up

First of all, I like the the chords that came in in the beginning. You did a nice job of panning them.

The first main part sounds chaotic but neat. I would suggest not using so much flange/phaser in those synths because it makes the mix less clear.

The high hat in the second half of the song is sort of piercing and annoying. Would've recommended re-equalizing it so that the lower treble is higher.

For the emptier parts, I would recommend filling them up with some extra, but still clean and quiet reverb.

I like how the sounds themselves interact with the melody. It sounds fun. Good work!

KONjure responds:

I'm so glad you pointed that out because I sometimes do go to hard with the phaser. I was thinking I needed to lighten up on it as well.

And as for the hi hat part I noticed that to but only after I up loaded it.
It all sounded so much better on my computer.

Question though why is it when I play it from my computer everything sounds perfect to me. But from ether my car speaker or any other monitors my song sounds flate?

Somewhere Else Somewhere Else

The beat is cool, but I would probably want to hear some panning of the drums. I like the ambient pad that came in in the middle of the song, also

phoenixapprentice responds:

Oh, I never thought about that. Thanks! I actually used a drum loop because I don't have very good drum VSTs...

Forested Forested

It has a cartoony feel to it. It's a good track, but maybe a bit too repetitive to be by itself. I also noticed how the track seems to cut off at the end. Good work though

Interdimensional Interdimensional

I really like the lo-fi spacey sounds with the reverb in this. I would suggesting adding more song structure, not necessary a melody since that isn't what it looked like you were trying to do here. I think it sounds like background music

Geoplex - Chimera Geoplex - Chimera

Interesting song with clean sounds. The only two things I would've wanted to hear was to make the chorus parts even crazier and use that really clean arp you used in the beginning and at 3:04 more throughout the song. Keep making music, you're really good!

Geoplex responds:

Cheers. The arp was very much an afterthought unfortunately as I did the intro last

Olasa Olasa

This is really chill and neat, too bad it isn't longer

Vennah responds:

I could make it longer for you, if that is what you want.

The Geometric State. The Geometric State.

Really cool and soundscapey. I like the wooden sounds in the background towards the beginning. Didn't listen to all 14 minutes, but I can tell it's pretty good.

This is the longest song I've ever seen on NG. How long did this take you? How many measures was this?